Tuesday, November 29, 2011

We Lost our Yacht

We lost our sailing yacht, but we didn't lose our life, our hope, our principles, our love or our faith.  We are quite a match of tempered people.  You better be if you are embarking on this navigation undertaking.  We have been dealing with some cumbersome and sad acquiescence.  
We just finished the list that the Insurance Company requires as part of our claim.  As you can imagine, it brought many tears and sadness from my part.  Surprisingly, I'm not so much concerned for the monetary loss as I am for the intangible value of the time, love, and effort we put into the search, acquisition and preparation of this sailboat throughout the years as we foraged for deals without compromising on quality of products obtained; the memories and precious times we spent aboard this sailboat.  The dream, carefully crafted for many years, that took so many other years to accomplish; with hard work, determination and careful strategic.

We are not yet ready to share the details of this drama, nor the pictures we were fortunate enough to save from this ordeal.  We would like to share them though, soon,  for the benefit of the sailing community, as a learning experience and as a forum to share information about it.  One thing I loved about the sailing community is their ability to organize from port to port; from bay to bay; help each other and mingle among different cultures and countries beyond language barriers.  As I used to say, this is what the world should be like, right?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I know there's still much to come and I am patient. My heart is with you and has been through your journey. I am a very perceptive person, and I know my sister as if she were my own image- LOL- I tried to cheer her up when she was over here and the energy was low, but since I know her like I do, I tried to keep her spirits up because I knew the meaning of this whole adventure. So good to hear those comments about the sailing community.

So now what we need is a joke from Ulisito.

God bless you,
I love you and I feel very proud of you.

Ulisito said...

Hello high spirited family;

I’m here, working again, checking your blog and taking a little break. I saw this posting with the comment made by our sister asking for a joke. Well, I have plenty of silly jokes but before we get there I have to comment on my sister and brother in-law soul quality. There is no doubt about the traumatic and dramatic experience they went through and in their place as immature I’m for some things, I would be very angry and frustrated. I spoke to CAPTAIN the other day and it is amassing how he never seems to lose his cool temper and leveled head. You both are a source of inspiration and a reminder of the true important things in life. We can celebrate someday soon as the sailor of the silly joke below did, probably not as extreme.

A thirsty sailor runs from his boat to the nearest bar and shouts to the bartender, "Give me twenty shots of your best scotch, quick!" The bartender pours out the shots, and the sailor drinks them as fast as he can. The bartender is very impressed and exclaims, "Wow. I never saw anybody drink that fast. "The sailor replies, "Well, you'd drink that fast too, if you had what I have." The bartender says, "Oh my God! What is it? What do you have?" "Fifty cents!"